Apart from producing full colour work from CMYK, we also produce a wide variety of spot colours matched to the Pantone colour calibrated system.
For every job, for in-house quality control, a Digital or Epson litho press proof 95% accurate of reproduction of colour is run off for checking by our prepress team.
It is a final check for possible irregularities, and is also available upon request for the client, if they would like to envisage how their document is going to look.
This is highly recommended as viewing work on a computer screen it is in RGB and can have an impact on reproduction of anything produced in CMYK
When supplying live original artwork or PDF please ensure the following items have been checked
- File size is output at 100% with 3mm bleed applied, and crop marks if supplied are offset by at least 2mm, are assigned as registration in colour palette and of a thickness no more than 0.25pt
- Main colour selection throughout project is from a Pantone family, coated or uncoated. If being converted to CMYK the subtle changes have been taken into consideration. Try to create artwork within a suitable Adobe designer or Quark package, and minimalise the use of the Microsoft family to avoid colour space inconsistency from RGB to CMYK
- Black although a dark colour and setup as 100%, can use some assistance to maintain its deep shining depth by adding a 50% split of each Cyan, Magenta and Yellow
- Images of at least 300dpi are linked to file and not over-compressed as final quality can be compromised
- Use of gradients, transparency, trapping and clipping have been carefully implemented and thought through
- All fonts used are embedded or alternatively provided with live file, these are removed from system on final approval of work. Fonts must be zipped/stuffed if sent by email
- PDF’s supplied as readers spreads is not advised, as a preferred method is individual pages for our professional team to impose in our Prinect software system
- Create a final Hi Res PDF file for print to the City Print guidelines available on request, to avoid all issues above
If you have any further questions regarding artwork our experienced prepress team would be only too happy to help…